T. A Orji Must Not Go Unpunished - Omesie Speaks

We were fortunate to catch with the man behind the latest campaign for the arrest of T. A ORJI the former Governor of Abia state. For the past 24 hour, a new social media campaign with the title "T. A ORJI MUST NOT GO UNPUNISHED" has been flying and for purpose of clarity we had a media chat with the brain behind it. Enjoy the interview..

Can we know you sir?

Thank you my brother from Abia Facts Newspaper; of course I am an aboriginal Abian with dynamic personality. My Name is Chukwuma Omesie, from Isiala Ezere in Isuikwuato Local Government Area. I will celebrate my 30th Birthday soonest; I am an IT expert by profession almost rounding up a Software Engineering program at University of East London (UEL). I am a born again Christian, preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a Minister under Redeemed Christian Church of God.

You have been a very active person in the politics of Abia state at least online, can we know why?

Yes, because I believe that Abia is my state, my home, my origin and my inhabitant. For now I have no other state to call mine except Abia and the same way I am seeking good things for myself is the same way I am seeking for Abia State. I must not be a governor before looking for how to better my state. I must not be given any post before making a positive change or suggesting developmental programs in my state. Abia is our pride and if something bad happens to Abia, it will also affect everybody, even me and my loved ones. That is why I am speaking the truth out so that our leaders can hear if their ears are working. In the same vein the challenges facing Abia State are very clear, I will also say that I am active because I have eyes to see the problems in the state and I use my mouth to call the attention of the government to intervene since I know that we have enough resources to tackle them.

I am not only active online but also offline. I didn’t start activism today; it started in 2002, I believe I was born as a frontliner with love for my people, driving by the zeal to unshackle my people from suffering. I am not seeing myself as a politician though I am not political apathy but I am seeing myself as an activist, a frontliner and emancipator. I believe in an egalitarian society where everybody contributes positively for the betterment of the state. Even though I discuss politics sometimes, I always try to be constructive, highlighting where we are lacking behind and what to do for improvement.

This new project of handing Orji to EFCC, why now?

Because we are out to reject the idea that every time the state is being misgoverned, we become guilty rather than the ringleader. It is time to restore our precept that our leaders must be accountable for their actions. Abians should no more be people that just want to hold up a white flag and say, 'Let's all just get along.' We should know that people that do horrible things like TA Orji should be held accountable.

T.A Orji is an intimidator and his government was full of maladministration, intimidation on Abians that is why it will be hard for Abians to let him go free. This has long been overdue only that he was covering himself with immunity and since he is no more enjoying the immunity, I think this is the right time for Abians to retaliate and go after him.

The Bible said in Proverb 20:17” Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be full of gravel”. Now is the right time for Abians to fill his mouth with gravel because he has been misusing our fund for 8years. He spent over 860 Billion without any positive development in the state. Look at the budget of the state since his inception running in Billion, 2007: 46.7 Billion, 2008: 57.989 Billion, 2009: 55.536 Billion, 2010: 75.3 Billion, 2011: 105.106 Billion, 2012: 129.959 Billion, 2013: 137.2 Billion, 2014: 149.60 Billion, 2015: 102.4 Billion total of 860 Billion. We spent more money than Imo, Enugu, and Ebony and still we are most backwards.

This Program is awakening program, where Abians will generally protest and recover their stolen monies through lawful way. Since EFCC and ICPC were not just moles, they have to do the needful. All we want to know is where T.A Orji spent our 860 Billion for 8 years and how he spent it. Of course everybody can see that Abia is not looking like a state that have seen upto 10 Billion for 8years and we know that if T.A Orji is being investigated, there are many reasons to send him back to Kirikiri prison. I think you know that his previous case with EFCC has not ended. After T.A. Orji matter, there are other important areas we will also deal with like 2 mandatory years rent in Abia, we want it to be reduced to one year and many others.

What will Abians benefit from this project?

The benefits are enormous, first it has to set good example so that upcoming leaders will no more think that it is business as usual. They will know that the people are watching them and they must account for whatever they did during their services.

It would make our leaders to be proactive, putting in their very best and bringing developments in the state. By the grace of God, if we can recover the part of the stolen fund from T.A. Orji and his cronies, the new government can reinvest it into the state and also settle some accumulated debts.
There are lots of burden in Abia State, you have to pity the state because the treasury is almost empty so how can the new government cope.

This program is for everybody, we are initiating it together, and I am just one of the servants among Abians who seek justice to be done. I am using this opportunity to call on Abians to support this movement by sharing their views, liking the pages, making all the necessary contributions to see that we prevail. In this program, we will match the street, we will hire lawyers, we will write petitions, I know it looks undoing and tedious but with one mind and unity we can achieve our goal.

0 Comments